33 Delicious Paleo Pasta Recipes
Post by Lucha: World traveler, culinary student and Media Director at Paleo Flourish. Lucha will try most food but prefers Indian, Thai and Mexican food above all else. She is currently either cooking, eating, grocery shopping, or browsing recipes on Pinterest.
Just like with Paleo breads, you’ll be surprised to discover how pasta can be adapted so easily to work for the Paleo diet!
Zucchini noodles are all the rage of course, but I’m ashamed to admit I have only recently discovered spaghetti squash too. It’s a type of squash that has long and chewy fibers similar to that of spaghetti, and it works great as a substitute for a bed of pasta. There are even more great pasta alternatives, such as carrot ribbons and sweet potato gnocchi! We’ve compiled this list of delicious Paleo Pasta Recipes so get your tomato sauce warmed up and check out some of our favorites below!
Top 2 Paleo Pasta Recipes with Spaghetti Squash
1. Basil and Sun-dried Tomato Spaghetti Squash Salad
This delicious dish is made with spaghetti squash as a base and a simple list of classic pasta add-ons like sundried tomatoes, olives and basil. I really appreciate Joshua’s additional instructions on the proper way to bake the spaghetti squash (it’s still a new concept for me) and an extra link to his great Paleo mayonnaise recipe which is the perfect creamy sauce for this recipe! His portions are enough for a party of two so if your group is larger, calculate accordingly. (Photo credit to Joshua from Slim Palate!)
2. Spaghetti Squash with Walnut Saffron Pesto
Dear Angela, you had me at Walnut-Saffron Pesto. Oh saffron, the most expensive spice in the world but for all the best reasons (and at least a little goes a long way!). I would personally toast it for a few minutes by dropping a few threads in a spoon and holding the spoon over a gas stovetop. This brings out the flavors a bit more than just tossing it in raw. The rest of this recipe is pretty simple; just a few more typical pesto ingredients (olive oil, lemon, walnuts and salt/pepper) blended up and topped on a bed of spaghetti squash and you have yourself one fancy and surprisingly simple Paleo pasta, perfect for even the most demanding foodie. (Thanks to Angela for permission to reproduce her image above; check out more great recipes at her blog, Seasonal and Savory!)
Some Great Paleo Pasta Recipes with Other Ingredients
1. Amazing Paleo Pasta: Butternut Gnocchi
This gnocchi recipe uses a combination of sweet potato, butternut squash, coconut flour and arrowroot powder. You can add your choice of tomato sauce or pesto.
2. Supreme Pizza Pasta
The noodles in this “pizza” pasta are made from spiralized yellow squash, cooked with pizza sauce and some favorite pizza toppings like sausage, mushrooms and olives.
3. Paleo “Ravioli” (Primal – with Cheese)
Food blogger Melissa took some great photos to show how she makes these chicken and spinach “raviolis” wrapped in squash. So cool! But note this recipe is Primal, not Paleo, as it includes cheese.
4. Easy Carrot Spaghetti
You can also make a noodle base out of carrots peeled into ribbons! Who knew? This recipe is also vegetarian, using shallots and mushrooms topped with marinara sauce.
5. Pasta Alla Bolognese, Paleo Style
This rather elaborate Bolognese pasta uses rutabaga transformed into noodles. It’s similar to a turnip and Sonia, the Healthy Foodie swears by it as a great Paleo substitute for pasta.
6. Chicken Noodles with Asparagus, Artichokes and Pine Nuts
Don’t worry if you’ve never heard of it, DJ Foodie provides a link to purchase the egg white powder for this ‘chicken noodles’ recipe. Also provided is a detailed breakdown of nutrition facts! That’s something we don’t usually see, but do appreciate.
7. High Pocket Paleo Pasta
I’m not really seeing the “pasta” in this Paleo pasta recipe, but who am I to complain about an Italian-inspired dish that is simple and tasty?
8. Gluten-Free Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
This recipe is another that includes a pre-made gluten-free pasta that you’ll have to order beforehand.
9. Sesame Kelp Noodles
This kelp noodle recipe looks really easy to make, but you’ll have to buy the pre-made kelp noodles first and also track down the ume plum vinegar, with which I’m not at all familiar.
More Great Paleo Pasta Recipes with Spaghetti Squash
1. Spaghetti Squash Pesto Pasta With Chard Sun-dried Tomatoes (Gluten Free/Paleo Options)
2. Shrimp Fra Diavolo With Spaghetti Squash
3. Spaghetti Squash With Meat Sauce
6. Spaghetti Squash with Pesto and Venison Meatballs
7. Creamy Paleo Pumpkin Pasta With Chicken
8. Spaghetti Squash Noodle Bowl with OMG Sauce
More Great Paleo Pasta Recipes with Zucchini
1. Zucchini Live Pasta With Sorrel Basil and Hemp Seed Pesto
2. Creamy Avocado Pasta With Chicken Asparagus
3. Color Burst Zucchini Pasta (Primal – with Cheese)
5. Zucchini Pasta with Coriander and Cashew Pesto
6. Cajun Zucchini Noodle Pasta (Vegan and Paleo)
7. Creamy Pesto “Pasta” with Spring Vegetables
8. Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Cream Sauce
9. Roasted Rosemary Tomatoes w/ Zucchini Pasta
10. Zucchini ‘Lasagna’ with Eggplant and Shiitake Mushrooms
11. Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles and Spinach
Ancestral Chef’s Paleo Pasta Recipes
Here are two delicious Paleo pasta recipes from our own site!
Paleo Lasagna Recipe with Eggplants
How to Microwave Spaghetti Squash
Images: Copyright (c)
Darya Pino cc