Asian Sesame Beef Salad Recipe [Paleo, Keto]
The flavors in this Asian sesame beef salad are amazing. There’s sesame oil, sesame seeds, and tamari sauce all adding tons of deliciousness into this simple salad. And it’s quick to make – you can get this on the table in under 30 minutes from start to finish.
Plus this recipe is Paleo and ketogenic (low carb), so you can enjoy it without worrying about your dinner raising your blood sugar.
Asian Sesame Beef Salad Recipe – Step-by-step Instructions and Photos
Pour 1/4 cup tamari sauce and sesame oil into a bowl. (If you want to know more about these ingredients, tamari sauce and sesame oil, and why they are Paleo, then check out these articles here – “Is tamari sauce paleo?” and “Is sesame oil paleo?”)
Place the diced beef cubes into the bowl with the tamari sauce and sesame oil. Marinate for 5 minutes.
Sauté the beef cubes in a frying pan with some avocado oil or coconut oil.
Sauté the beef until it’s cooked.
Place the iceberg lettuce pieces into a bowl.
Add into the bowl the green onions (scallions or chives).
Then add in the chopped cilantro.
Add in the shredded carrot.
Add in the shredded zucchini.
Mix together the dressing ingredients and add into the bowl.
Toss all the ingredients together in the bowl.
Divide the salad between 2 plates, add in half the cooked diced beef to each plate and sprinkle the sliced almonds and sesame seeds on top.
Pinterest Image for Asian Sesame Beef Salad Recipe
For the salad
- 1/2 lb (225 g) beef, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tamari sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- Avocado oil or coconut oil to sauté the beef cubes in
- 6 oz (170 g) iceberg lettuce, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons (8 g) green onions (scallions or chives)
- 2 Tablespoons (4 g) cilantro
- 1/4 zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 small carrot, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons (9 g) sliced almonds or whole almonds
- 1 Tablespoon (9 g) sesame seeds
For the dressing
- Place the tamari sauce and sesame oil in a bowl and marinate the beef in the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables (if you haven’t done so already) and put them together in a bowl.
- Sauté the marinated beef in a frying pan until they’re cooked.
- Toss everything together with the dressing ingredients.