Easy and delicious green beans recipe.
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- Handful cooked bacon, chopped into bits
- Bacon grease (or coconut oil or ghee) to cook in
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- Salt to taste (or GF tamari soy sauce)
- Place the green beans in a pot of boiling water with a tablespoon of salt (if you prefer crunchier green beans then don’t boil them and cook them in step 3 in the frying pan until they’re to your liking). Boil until the green beans are tender enough to your liking (I find 10 minutes is good).
- Cook the bacon if it’s uncooked.
- Cook the onion slices in bacon grease in a frying pan until they turn translucent. Add the drained green beans to the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bacon bits and salt (or tamari sauce) to taste.