- 4 salmon filets
- 8 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped into small pieces
- 1 head of fennel, diced (or use 1 celery heart)
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3–4 slices of bacon, chopped into pieces (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place each salmon filet onto a piece of aluminum foil with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a bit of salt. Wrap up the aluminum foils and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking, place the coconut oil into a large saucepan and add in the cabbage and chicken broth and put the lid on the saucepan. After 10 minutes, add in the fennel, stir and keep the lid on. After another 10 minutes, add in the apples. Stir and season with salt. Cook until the salmon is done.
- Place the cabbage mixture on a plate, place the salmon on top, then top with bacon pieces.