- 1 lb pork (tenderloin or other cut), diced
- 1 head of cabbage (can combine 1/2 head of green cabbage with 1/2 head of purple cabbage), sliced
- 1 leek, sliced (or use an onion)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup (16oz or 500ml) chicken stock/broth
- 1/2 Tablespoon cardamom powder (note – for AIP, don’t use at the beginning)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil to cook with
- Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large saucepan on high heat. When the oil is hot, add in the diced pork and sear the pork.
- When all the pork pieces are browned, add in the chicken stock, cabbage, leek, apple, and spices.
- Place the lid on the saucepan and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the saucepan.
- It’s done when the pork is tender (comes apart easily). Add salt to taste and serve.