- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into small florets
- Olive oil to cook with
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Four 5-oz cans of tuna (packed in brine or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (or use cilantro)
For the tahini tamari paste (omit for AIP)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 Tablespoons gluten-free tamari soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli florets on a baking tray and drizzle olive oil over them. Sprinkle salt and squeeze the juice from 1/4 lemon over the vegetables. Use your hands to rub the mixture into the vegetables and spread them out over the baking tray.
- Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes until the florets are tender and browning at the edges.
- Let the vegetables cool for a few minutes, then place them into a large bowl and toss with the chopped parsley, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, juice from 1/4 lemon, and extra salt to taste.
- To make the tahini tamari paste, mix together all the paste ingredients well.
- To serve, place the roasted vegetables into a small bowl and top with a can of tuna. Add some tahini tamari sauce on top and enjoy.
- This recipe makes enough for 4 people or you can keep the leftover paste and roasted vegetables in the fridge for future meals.
Also, if you’re not a fan of tuna, then choose another meat of your choice!
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 47 g