- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 4 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 leek
- 5 strips of bacon
- salt + pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower and leek into small pieces.
- Place the cauliflower and leek into the pot with the chicken broth.
- Boil on medium heat for 1 to 1.5 hours until tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the vegetables to create a smooth soup. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can take the vegetables out and puree in a normal blender and then put it back into the pot.)
- Microwave the bacon strips for 1 minute on high. Then cut into small pieces and drop into the soup.
- Cook on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.