This rich, “cheesy” fettucine is the paleo version of a hearty bowl of pasta.
- 5 3-oz packs of shirataki noodles (425 g), fettucine shape
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of avocado oil
- 4 slices of ham (112 g), diced
- 2 leeks (180 g), finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves (12 g), peeled and finely chopped
- 20 white button mushrooms (200 g), sliced
- 1 Tablespoon (8 g) of nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of lemon juice, optional
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of coconut cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Rinse the shirataki noodles under cold, running water and keep warm in a pot of simmering water on the stove.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pan and cook the chopped ham until just done. Add the leeks, garlic, and mushrooms, cooking until the leeks have softened and the mushrooms are just starting to caramelize. You may need to add a dash of water to deglaze the pan to prevent the mixture catching.
- Sprinkle over the nutritional yeast flakes and stir in the coconut cream to warm through. A squeeze of lemon will add great acidity but is optional.
- Drain the warm shirataki and divide between two bowls. Spoon over the sauce and a generous crack of black pepper.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 16 g