- 3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon of ghee or butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup of coconut cream (skim from the top of 1 refrigerated can (13.5oz) of coconut milk)
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 2 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder or garam masala
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Saute the chicken in the ghee, butter, or coconut oil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- When the outside of the chicken has all turned white, add in the coconut cream and the chicken broth and mix well.
- Add in the carrots, celery, and tomatoes.
- Add in the ginger and curry powder (or garam masala).
- Cook on medium heat with the lid on for 40 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Add in the minced garlic and cilantro and salt to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 large bowl