- 1 1/4 Tablespoons of chia seeds (15 g)
- 6 Tablespoons of water (90 ml)
- 7 Tablespoons of almond flour (53 g)
- 7 Tablespoons of cassava flour (53 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of Swerve confectioner’s sugar, plus additional if desired
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder (1 g)
- 7/8 cup of almond milk (210 ml)
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil, solid (28 g)
- Blueberries, to serve
- Make the “egg” by combining the chia with the water. Set aside.
- Mix the almond flour, cassava flour, sweetener, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Pour in the chia “egg.” Add the almond milk.
- Melt the solid coconut oil in the microwave. Add the coconut oil to the batter and whisk until well blended.
- Start heating a greased waffle maker. Pour in the batter and cook until crispy and holding its shape.
- Remove carefully. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sweetener and blueberries, if desired. Serve warm.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 6 g