- 1 lb green beans
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Salt to taste
- 3 star anise (optional)
- Place the avocado oil into a large pot and saute the onions.
- Add the green beans, the water, tamari soy sauce, and star anise into the pot and place a lid on the pot. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat until the green beans are slightly tender.
- Remove the lid (and remove the star anise) and saute on high heat until no liquid is left.
- Add salt to taste if necessary.