- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup basil, chopped (for garnish)
- Olive oil to cook in
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional – omit for keto)
For the pasta
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- In a saucepan, saute the chopped onion in olive oil until translucent. Add in the diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bell pepper, and zucchini. Cook until the bell pepper and zucchini have softened.
- Meanwhile, peel a large cucumber and then use the peeler to create strands out of the cucumber. Divide into 2 large bowls.
- Add the minced garlic, basil, and salt and pepper to the tomato sauce and pour the sauce on top of the cucumber pasta.
TIP: You can also use shredded zucchini or spaghetti squash as the pasta or kelp noodles or shirataki noodles.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 large plate
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 7 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g