- 1 dungeness crab
- Place the crab into a large pot of cold water – use long tongs for live crabs.
- Bring the pot of cold water to the boil slowly.
- Boil for 7-8 minutes per lb of crab.
One of my favorite foods is Dungeness Crab. It’s really delicious, super nutritious, (low in calories if you’re looking for that), and very easy to cook!
Plus if you’re deficient in vitamin B12, which many of us could do with more of, there’s 220% of your daily value of B12 in just one crab (around 140 calories).
And here’s an easy and delicious way to cook Dungeness crab:
This is perhaps the easiest method – all you need is a large pot!
1. Start with fresh dungeness crabs – preferably live crabs so you can ensure it’s fresh. You can find live crabs in Asian supermarkets (they have tanks of them) and also in fresh seafood markets.
Pick up live crabs with long tongs as their claws can be dangerous.
You can also buy frozen crabs or crabs on ice during crab season in many stores – I’ve seen them sold in Costco and Whole Foods.
2. Place the crabs in a large pot of cold water and bring to the boil slowly. Boil for 7-8 minutes per lb of crab.
3. Remove crabs from pot carefully with long tongs – they’ll be hot. Rinse it in some cold water.