6 Super-Secret Ways to Naturally Cure Constipation
I’m pretty sure people have been constipated as long as…well, forever.
Which is why I want to let you in on a little secret…
There are no secret solutions to constipation.
Only proven tactics that actually work.
Constipation Can Be Caused by Many Things
With constipation, there are a lot of possible causes, from Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth to insufficient bile production.
No matter what, don’t take this issue lightly. Constipation can be very serious, and if it gets particularly bad (usually more than a few days), then taking laxatives or seeing a doctor is probably best.
However, if it’s not yet at that point, then let’s stick with the theme…
How To Naturally Cure Constipation?
Here are 6 Super-Secret Tips to Alleviate Constipation:
1. Eat plenty of veggies and drink enough water. Not doing these 2 things is a very common (and easily curable) cause of constipation.
2. Probiotics can help, particularly in the form of fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir, etc.
3. Exercise can be particularly helpful. Anything from light walking and yoga to weight-lifting. This is often more effective if you work in stretches or movements targeted at your back.
4. Eat plenty of fat and make sure you’re digesting it well. What I mean is that you need to make sure you’re getting enough fat in your meals, but you also might want to supplement with digestive enzymes. (As a side note, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar also apparently stimulate bile production and release, as noted by Sarah Ballatyne, who recommends taking 1-2 Tbsp 15-20 minutes before each meal.)
5. Magnesium Supplementation and Epsom Salt Baths. Epsom salt baths are a great way to get more magnesium and also get the relaxation that comes with a bath. Supplementation can be good, since magnesium is generally a muscle relaxant. It’s good to take just before bed. There are a lot of different ways to supplement. Popular ones include Milk of Magnesia and Natural Calm.
6. Squatty-Potty. Not kidding. The research is excellent that position matters. Most of the world still squats to use the bathroom, and as it turns out, it’s a much better way of doing things. You can buy a device that fits around your toilet for this purpose.
In general, if you’re getting constipated, then your gut isn’t working 100% properly. The tips above can help to move things along and helpfully sort out the underlying issue, but I’d also try to figure out what’s really going on.
Images: Copyright (c) sato00 from Fotolia