- 1 egg
- 2–3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (optional)
- Crack an egg into a bowl.
- Heat a saucepan with at least 3 inches of water.
- Add the vinegar or lemon juice into the water
- After the water boils, turn down the heat a bit so that it stops boiling.
- Use a spoon to start stirring the water in the saucepan to create a whirlpool (i.e., stir in a circle).
- Drop the egg into the water while the water is still spinning.
- Leave to cook on a medium heat so that the water isn’t boiling. For a soft but not-runny poached egg, cook in the water for 5 minutes. If you prefer a runny poached egg, then remove from the water after around 3 minutes.