Lemon Fried Avocado Recipe [Paleo, AIP]
I was frying some eggs one day and pondering what to eat with my fried eggs when I saw some avocados in our fruit bowl.
I’d once come across a recipe for grilled avocados, so somehow my brain connected some dots and went:
Why not fry some avocado slices in coconut oil!
Lemon Fried Avocado Paleo Recipe
So, I halved an avocado, removed the stone, and scored inside the avocado to cut it into slices. I suggest picking an avocado that isn’t too ripe (not mushy) but also not too hard (i.e., you can cut into it without too much trouble).
Then I put the avocado slices into the frying pan with the coconut oil I was already frying my eggs with.
Fry the avocado slices (turning them gently) until slightly browned on all sides.
Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top and sprinkle salt on top (use lemon salt for some extra deliciousness). I made some lemon fried avocado recently and served them with some sashimi.
- 1 ripe avocado (not too soft), cut into slices
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste (or lemon salt)
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan. Place the avocado slices into the oil gently.
- Fry the avocado slices (turning gently) so that all sides are slightly browned.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and salt over the slices and serve warm.