Get this Mini Paleo Burgers recipe here (includes recipe for the Paleo burger buns). This recipe is also Keto and low carb and really quick to make.
- 12 oz ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- Pickles (optional)
- A few lettuce leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (or coconut oil or ghee to cook with)
For “burger buns”
- Make 4 small thin patties with the ground beef (each should be approx. 2-inch across in diameter). Place avocado oil into a frying pan and fry the the burger patties on medium to high heat. Fry for 2 minutes on each side until both sides are well browned (this is around medium in terms of rareness for the patties). After the patties are cooked, salt them lightly and place them on a plate to drain.
- Meanwhile, take 2 mugs and divide the burger bun ingredients between the 2 mugs (i.e., 1/3 cup almond flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, and 2.5 Tablespoons coconut oil in each mug). Mix well.
- Microwave each mug for 90 seconds on high. Wait a few minutes before popping them out of the mug. Slice each bread into 4 slices and use as burger buns. (Gently fry them for a few seconds on the frying pan without oil for a toasted taste.)
- Serve the burgers (2 mini burgers for each person) with the mustard, lettuce leaves, and pickles.
- Serving Size: 2 mini burgers