- 1 large zucchini, chopped into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices (around 14–16 slices)
- 1/2 lb (225 g) ground beef
- 1/4 avocado, cut into small slices
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive or avocado oil for greasing baking tray
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) salt
- 1 Tablespoon Paleo mayo (optional – omit for AIP)
- 1 Tablespoon mustard (optional – omit for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Grease a baking tray with olive or avocado oil and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt across it.
- Place the zucchini slices on the baking tray.
- Form small balls from the ground beef and press into patties – around 7 or 8 patties – and place on the baking tray.
- Place baking tray into oven and bake for 15 minutes. Alternatively, instead of baking them, you can grill the zucchini and beef patties or pan-fry them in some olive or avocado oil.
- Meanwhile, slice the avocado into small thin slices.
- Put the mini burgers together using the zucchini slices as buns – add a slice of avocado to each burger and top with condiments like Paleo mayo and mustard.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 23 g