Easy Paleo AIP Breaded Fish Recipe (Using Cod)
This is the AIP (autoimmunne-friendly) version of the regular breaded fish recipe (posted here). This recipe is nut-free, dairy-free, and egg-free, but it still tastes great. I used cod here, but you can use other types of fish instead.
Enjoy with the garlic ghee sauce – it’s tasty, really easy to make, and highly nutritious! This is a great way to get more fish into your diet.
Easy Paleo AIP Breaded Fish Recipe
Preheat your oven to 425F (220C).
In a large bowl, combine all the breading ingredients and dip the fish filets into the breading mixture (coconut flour, coconut flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, salt) so that it’s completely covered.
Then lay each fish filet on a baking tray (I covered the baking tray with aluminum foil first to avoid washing up and also greased it lightly with coconut oil to avoid the breading sticking to the tray).
Then bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked (the fish should not be cold in the middle and should flake easily). Flip after 10 minutes if you can remember! The breading will brown slightly, but should not be burnt.
While the fish is baking, prepare the garlic ghee sauce and pour on top of the baked cod before serving. If you’re not familiar with ghee and why you should be getting more of it in your diet, then read this article.
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- In a large bowl, combine the breading ingredients (coconut flour, coconut flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder). Add in salt and taste the mixture to see how much salt you like.
- Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil and grease with coconut oil.
- Dip each fish filet into the breading mixture and cover well. Place the breaded fish onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
- While the fish is in the oven, prepare the garlic ghee sauce by melting the ghee slightly and adding in the minced garlic.
- Pour the garlic ghee sauce on top of the breaded fish and serve.