You can enjoy the taste of stuffed peppers but without all of the carbs when you make this Paleo Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers Recipe.
- Drizzle of olive oil, for cooking
- 1 medium red onion (4 oz or 110 g), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb (450 g) ground turkey (or other ground meat, of choice)
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) smoked paprika
- 1 cup (225 g) tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (28 g) tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) coconut aminos
- 1 ½ cups (160 g) uncooked cauliflower “rice”
- 4 medium bell peppers (1 lb or 450 g), cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 Tablespoons (2 g) chopped fresh parsley (for garnish, optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and saute until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet and saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, smoked paprika, tomato sauce, tomato paste and coconut aminos to the skillet and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower “rice” to the skillet and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Fill each bell pepper with an equal amount of the meat mixture, using the back of a spoon to press the meat mixture into the bell pepper.
- When ready to cook, preheat the air fryer to 400 F (200 C).
- Place the stuffed peppers, without touching, in the lightly greased air fryer basket or tray. (If needed, cook the stuffed peppers in several batches.)
- Cook for 10 minutes until the bell peppers are cooked to your liking. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat mixture reaches 165 F (73 C).
- Carefully remove the stuffed peppers from the air fryer and garnish with the optional chopped fresh parsley before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 22 g