- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 3 oz small mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 9 oz (255g) uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 oz (200 g) coconut cream
- 1/2 cup (40 g) desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup (30 g) crushed almonds (food process whole almonds slightly)
- 1 green onion, sliced, for garnish
- Cook the diced bacon until crispy and set aside.
- Then cook the mushrooms and garlic in the bacon fat.
- Add in the shrimp and cook until they’re pink (add in some olive oil if there’s not enough oil in the pan). Squeeze in the juice from half a lemon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the ‘grits’, gently heat the coconut cream in a small pan. At the same time, in a clean, dry pan, toast the desiccated coconut over a low-medium heat until golden and fragrant. (This only takes a few seconds – so keep your eye on it!) Add the toasted coconut and the crushed almonds to the warm coconut cream and mix well to combine.
- Serve the ‘grits’ immediately and top with the shrimp mushroom mixture. Garnish with the bacon bits and green onion slices.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 411
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 35 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 17 g