Paleo BBQ Brisket Recipe [Slow Cooker/Crockpot]
I love putting my crockpot to work while I sleep (it’s not even my crockpot as my friend Fiona lent it to me for the summer in Edinburgh) – I think there’s a sense of satisfaction that magical things are working to create my meal while I do nothing.
Maybe it’s just me, but effortless meals like this Paleo Slowcooker BBQ Brisket always seem to taste more delicious because of the lack of sweat and tears involved in preparing the meal!
Paleo BBQ Brisket Recipe
I put all BBQ sauce ingredients into the crockpot first and mix it together in there (to avoid extra washing up). Then I place the whole piece of brisket into the crockpot and slather it with the BBQ sauce.
After 12 hours of cooking, the Paleo BBQ brisket is pretty tender. I deliberately put extra water into the BBQ sauce to prevent the brisket from drying out, but I like to reduce the sauce a bit before serving.
So, I get some of the brisket out and shredded it. Then I ladle some of the BBQ sauce out of the crockpot and cook the shredded meat in the BBQ sauce on the stove for a few minutes to reduce the sauce. I also add extra salt at this point if it needs it.
- Place all the ingredients except the brisket into the slow cooker (crockpot) and mix together to combine.
- Add the brisket to the slow cooker and cover with the sauce.
- Cook for 10-12 hours on a low temperature.
- When ready to eat, take out the amount of brisket you’re planning to eat along with the proportionate amount of BBQ sauce. Shred the brisket and heat up the shredded brisket and sauce on the stove for 5 minutes to reduce the BBQ sauce. Add salt to taste.
- Serving Size: 1/2 lb brisket