- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 6 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon, cooked and diced
- 12 cups water or broth
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes (or substitute 1 chopped onion)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or substitute 3 cloves of garlic, minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder (or substitute 1 freshly teaspoon grated ginger)
- 1 cup red wine
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add the beef, carrots, and green beans to the 12 cups of water or broth in a large pot and simmer on a medium heat. Then add in the gelatin and the spices and mix well. Place the lid on the pot and let simmer.
- When the vegetables are soft, add in the cooked pieces of bacon and the red wine.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes more.