We love a good beef stir-fry and this one is sure to be a hit.
- 12 oz sirloin steak (340g), sliced
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) of gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of ginger puree
- 1 Tablespoon (5 ml) of sesame oil
- 1/2 red onion (55 g), peeled and sliced
- 7 oz (200 g) of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of applesauce (substitute honey if preferred)
- 2 green onions, sliced to garnish
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, to garnish
For the Marinade:
- Combine in the tamari, garlic, and ginger. Add the steak and mix well. Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large pan and add the onion, cooking until softened. Add the cabbage. Once wilted, add the marinated beef along with the marinade juices.
- Increase the heat and stir fry until the sauce reduces. Stir in the applesauce just before serving.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 571
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 43 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 9 g