This low carb classic pasta dish will warm its way into your heart.
- 2 7-oz packs (391 g) of shirataki noodles, fettuccine
- 2 beef steaks (400 g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of avocado oil
- 2 medium onions (220 g), peeled and finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves (12 g), peeled and finely chopped
- 6 oz (168 g) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml) of beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of coconut cream (from the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup (4 g) of fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Dash of freshly squeezed lemon
- Rinse the shirataki well under cold, running water. Keep warm in a pot of gently simmering water on the stove top until the rest of the dish is ready.
- Pat the steaks dry and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat one tablespoon avocado oil in a large pan and cook the steaks until browned on both sides.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and slice into strips. Set aside.
- Using the same pan you used for the steak, add the remaining avocado oil and onions. Cook over medium heat until onions are soft. Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms caramelize.
- Add the tamari and beef broth to the pan. Lower heat to a simmer and cook until a quarter of the broth burns off. Stir in mustard and coconut cream until sauce thickens.
- Add steak strips and cook until warmed through.
- Drain the noodles and divide between two bowls. Pour the beef sauce over the noodles and garnish with parsley. Add a squeeze of lemon to finish off the dish.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 801
- Sugar: 7 g
- Fat: 63 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 38 g