Creamy coconut ice cream with a swirl of tart blueberry jam.
- Place the blueberries in a small pan with a dash of water and the lemon juice. Cook over low heat and gently press the berries while cooking. Cook until most of the moisture has evaporated and you are left with a bright-colored mixture resembling jam. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool completely.
- Shake the cans of coconut milk well and empty into a large bowl. Whisk the coconut milk until there are no lumps. Then whisk in the maple syrup and stevia (if desired).
- Place the coconut mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the churned ice cream into a suitable freezer container and swirl in the blueberries. Alternatively, you can add the blueberry mix to the churner if you want it thoroughly incorporated.
- Store covered in the freezer until needed.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 15 g
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g