Paleo Breaded Cod Recipe With Garlic Ghee Sauce
This recipe is a modified version of one that Jana, one of our readers, sent in. As soon as I saw her recipe, I knew it was going to be a winner, and I asked her if I could try making it with some modifications and then share the recipe with everyone.
She very generously agreed, so here it is! Thanks Jana!
(Even if you don’t eat much fish, give this recipe a try. It’s really really good especially with the garlic ghee!) And an AIP version of this recipe will be posted here soon.
Paleo Breaded Cod Recipe
Preheat your oven to 425F (220C).
In a large bowl whisk an egg.
In another large bowl combine the breading ingredients together (cashew flour, coconut flour, coconut flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt). You can make your own cashew flour by following this recipe here.
Dip the cod filets first in the whisked egg bowl so it gets covered with the egg wash and then into the breading bowl so that it gets covered with the breading ingredients.
Then lay each cod filet on a baking tray (I covered the baking tray with aluminum foil first to avoid washing up and also greased it lightly with coconut oil to avoid the breading sticking to the tray).
Then bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked (the cod shouldn’t be cold in the middle and should flake easily). Flip after 10 minutes if you can remember! The breading will brown slightly but should not be burnt.
While the cod is baking in the oven, prepare the garlic ghee sauce (this is optional – the cod tastes pretty good even without this sauce). Melt the ghee (this can be done in the microwave) and mix well with the minced garlic. Pour the ghee garlic sauce on top of the breaded cod when it comes out of the oven and enjoy. If you’re not familiar with ghee and why you should be getting more of it in your diet, then read this article.
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- In a large bowl, whisk an egg.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the breading ingredients (cashew flour, coconut flour, coconut flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder). Add in salt and taste the mixture to see how much salt you like.
- Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil and grease with coconut oil.
- Dip each cod filet first into the whisked egg and then into the breading mixture and cover it well with the breading. Place the breaded cod onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cod flakes easily.
- While the cod is in the oven, prepare the garlic ghee sauce by melting the ghee slightly and adding in the minced garlic.
- Pour the garlic ghee sauce on top of the breaded cod and serve.