- 25 oz brisket, deboned (720 g)
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) olive oil, to cook with
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced (340 g)
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons (12) paprika
- 1 Tablespoon (3 g) dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) cumin
- 1 Tablespoon (3 g) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) chili powder
- 2 cups (480 ml) beef broth
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- Salt and black pepper
- Brown the brisket in a large pan with olive oil.
- In the same pan, add additional olive oil if necessary and sauté the vegetables (onion, garlic, mushrooms, peppers) until the onions are caramelized.
- Place everything into a crockpot (slow cooker) and set on low heat for 6-7 hours. Shred and cook down the liquid in the crockpot a bit by keeping the lid open while the slow cooker is on for 30-60 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve over mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice or a sweet potato
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 702
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fat: 52 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 36 g