Home » Blog » Paleo Diet » Paleo Diet Recipes » Paleo Soups Recipes » Paleo Broccoli Soup Recipe
Paleo Broccoli Soup Recipe
Paleo is all about keeping it simple and natural, and this soup is no exception. Make this paleo broccoli soup recipe anytime you want a rich, filling meal that won’t break the bank.
If you’re used to eating the Standard American Diet of highly processed packaged meals and fast food restaurants, it can be a shock to the wallet when you transition to a paleo diet.
While the up-front costs may seem high, the benefits of clean eating are substantial. After all, can you really put a price on your health and well-being?
Well, your local grocery store thinks so. But don’t let that deter you from the paleo diet. It’s worth it! There are plenty of recipes you can prepare on a budget.
For this recipe, there are a couple of ways to cut costs. First, you can make your own bone broth. It’s an easy recipe to throw in the crockpot.
You can also make this soup using your own broccoli if you garden. You don’t need a huge amount of broccoli for the recipe, so even if you have to buy it, it won’t set you back much.
Broccoli always gets rave reviews for its nutrition – and for good reason! I love this soup because it tastes good, but knowing just how healthy it is, makes it that much more enticing.
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli, thinly slicing the stalks.
- Once at a boil, add the sliced stalks and cook for 10 minutes. Add the florets and cook for another 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Once cooked, remove the pot from the heat. Blend the soup until smooth using an immersion blender or by pouring the soup into a blender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Divide into two bowls, add mixed seeds on top, and drizzle with coconut cream, if desired. Serve warm.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g