Carrots take center stage in this Paleo cake.
For the cake –
- 5 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 g) coconut sugar
- 4 carrots (200 g), shredded and liquid squeezed out
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) of almond flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) flaxmeal
- 1/4 cup (20 g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (56 g) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (59 g) walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) ghee or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) baking powder
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) of cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) of ginger powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of salt
For the frosting –
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Whisk the cake ingredients together.
- Line an 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper (or grease the pan).
- Pour the cake batter into the pan and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Check the cake is done by inserting a cocktail stick and making sure it comes out clean.
- Meanwhile whip together the frosting ingredients and spread on the cake.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 17 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 6 g