- 2 chayote squash, cored and diced (approx 1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup diced carrots (dice them smaller than the chayote squash – approx 1/2 inch cubes)
- 4 ribs of celery, chopped into chunks
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon of curry powder
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- coconut oil to cook in
- Boil the chopped chayote squash, carrots, and celery in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes with the lid on. Use enough water to cover all the vegetables up.
- In a skillet on high heat, add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, and then add the drained cooked vegetables (keep the broth they were cooked in).
- Add the curry powder and add salt to taste. Saute the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Pour the broth into a tall pot (there should be around 6 cups of broth – add in water or chicken broth if there’s not enough left). Bring the broth to a boil, add salt to taste, and then lower the temperature to a simmer and poach the 2 eggs in the broth.
- When the eggs are done to the softness you like (5 minutes for a soft but not runny egg), add in the chopped romaine lettuce and serve immediately (with a poached egg in each bowl).
- Serving Size: 1 bowl of soup and 2 cups of sauteed vegetables