Warm and filling, this gluten-free paleo chicken and dumpling soup recipe will be a hit with your entire family.
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts (600 g), diced
- 1 medium onion (110 g), chopped
- 2 teaspoons (6 g) minced garlic
- 4 large carrots (200 g), chopped
- 2 large stalks of celery (40 g), chopped
- 6 cups (1440 ml) chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) fresh sage, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the dumplings:
- 1/2 cup (60 g) cassava flour
- 1/2 cup (60 g) tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup (56 g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
- 2 cups (480 ml) unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, onion and garlic to the pot and saute until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the carrots, celery and 1 cup (240 ml) of chicken broth to the pot and cook until the carrots are soft.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, fresh thyme and fresh sage to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the dumplings, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into simmering soup and cook for 5 minutes, without stirring, until the dumplings are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 501
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 29 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 26 g