- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced shallots, about 3 large
- 1 pound organic chicken livers
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 sprigs thyme
- ½ cup sherry
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and add the shallots.
- Saute the shallots for 5 minutes, or until golden brown and softened, stirring often.
- Move the shallots to the perimeter of the pan and add the livers to the center. Cook 3 minutes per side, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the sherry and thyme, turn the heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until the liquid is almost gone, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and transfer to a food processor. Turn it on and add the remaining butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Chill before serving.