Who doesn’t love chicken and mushrooms? Give this classic a try tonight!
2 chicken breasts (400 g), skinless and deboned
1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
1 cup (150 g) of mushrooms, sliced
3 Tablespoons of Marsala, optional
1/4 teaspoon (1 g) of konjac (glucomannan) powder
1 cup (240 ml) of hot chicken broth
salt and freshly ground black pepper
chopped parsley, to garnish
- Flatten the chicken breasts with a mallet until they are even thickness.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and grill the chicken until golden on both sides. Add the mushrooms to the pan halfway through.
- Once the chicken and mushrooms have caramelized, add the Marsala to the pan to deglaze and cook out.
- In the meantime, whisk the konjac (glucomannan) powder into the hot chicken broth. Add the broth to the pan and reduce the heat to moderate. Cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened, at which time the breasts would have sufficiently cooked through.
- Taste the sauce to check for seasoning (adding salt and pepper if needed) and garnish with chopped parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 49 g