A delicious combination of flavors that leave your tastebuds happy.
For the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts (400 g), cut into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) of smoked paprika
For the tzatziki
- 5 oz coconut yogurt (140 g)
- 2 cloves (6 oz) of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cucumber (55 g), grated
- 2 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Soft lettuce leaves
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Soak wood wood skewers, if using, in a bowl of warm water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced chicken with the olive oil, vinegar, dried oregano and smoked paprika. Mix well to evenly coat the chicken. Thread the diced chicken tightly onto the skewers and place on a rimmed baking tray. and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the skewers in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make the tzatziki, combine the coconut yogurt, crushed garlic, grated cucumber and fresh mint in a small bowl. Season the tzatziki with salt, to taste.
- Enjoy the chicken skewers with the tzatziki sauce. If desired, serve with the skewers with the sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumber and soft lettuce leaves.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 586
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 40 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 50 g