- 2 large parsnips (or 4 small ones), peeled and cut into fries
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 14oz cans of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1–2 Tablespoons garlic powder) (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons of guacamole (recipe here)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Toss the parsnip fries with the 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Spread fries onto a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes (flip the fries in the middle to prevent burning).
- Meanwhile, add the 2 tablespoons coconut oil into a large saucepan and add the ground beef and the onions. Cook the ground beef and onion until the beef is browned. Add the tomato sauce or diced tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Stew for 20-30 minutes.
- Divide the parsnip fries between two bowls. Divide the chili and pour on top of the fries. Then top each bowl with two tablespoons of guacamole.