Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – Guest Post from A Girl Worth Saving
Kelly Bejelly is the recipe developer, writer and photographer behind the popular grain-free food blog, Agirlworthsaving.net. She is the author of cookbook, Paleo Eats: 101 Comforting Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes for the Foodie in You. After being diagnosed as pre-diabetic in 2009, in a last ditch effort to save herself, she tried the Paleo diet. Within six months, she lost 65 lbs., normalized her blood sugars and ended her battle with mental anxiety and depression. Her cooking style focuses on “Paleo Cooking from Heart™”. For even more of her recipes delivered to your phone or computer, you can follow her on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
There is just nothing like a chocolate chip cookie hot out of the oven. Paleo or not, there are few that will disagree with that statement.
Five years ago when I went Paleo, I just could not fathom going the rest of my life without a cookie nonetheless my son going without the joy of blowing out the candles on his birthday cake.
These reasons drove me to the kitchen and I am an unabashed comfort food lover. It doesn’t matter who you are, there are times when a salad just won’t cut it.
You know what I’m talking about.
You need a thick juicy burger or a slice of banana cream pie.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is just one of 113 recipes from my cookbook, Paleo Eats. This book is a straight homage to real food, made without gluten and dairy.
The recipes are simple (ain’t nobody got time for complicated recipes with hard to find ingredients) and delicious.
They will take you back to your favorite food memories and I hope that this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe will soon become another one.
Don’t forget to grab your copy of Paleo Eats today!
- 113 Easy-To-Follow Recipes
- 10 Invigorating Breakfast Dishes
- 27 Satisfying Dinner Recipes
- 17 Can’t-Miss Sides and Salads
- 24 “Too-Good-To-Be-True” Desserts
- 18 Must-Have Pantry Recipes
- 5 Refreshing Drinks
If you are tired of the same old menu over and over, you can now delight in Kelly’s kitchen-tested Paleo recipes that will have the whole family asking for more!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the dates in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds to break them up. Add the almond flour, coconut, egg, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon and pulse for 1 minute to combine.
- With a spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Shape a large spoonful into a 2-inch ball and place it on the prepared baking sheet. With a cup, flatten the ball to ½ inch thick. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 5 days.