- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut milk (from the cans, not the cartons – make sure it doesn’t have added sugar and it isn’t the “light” stuff. Also shake the can before opening as the cream and the water separates.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (make sure you buy a brand that has no added sugar)
- sweetener of your choice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Coconut oil or ghee for cooking
- Beat the eggs; add in the coconut flour, coconut milk, vanilla, baking soda, and your choice of sweetener. Mix well.
- To cook these pancakes, you can use a griddle or a frying pan. Put some coconut oil into the pan to grease it and put the pan on low heat.
- Ladle some of the batter into the pan (to form a 3 inch diameter circle). The pancake should be thick so don’t try to make the batter spread out. If you’re using a large enough frying pan, you can cook 3 or 4 pancakes at the same time.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then flip. Continue cooking and flipping until both sides are brown.
- The pancakes are a bit dry by themselves, so have it with some butter or coconut oil or else some fruit.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g