Paleo Cookie Dough Brownie Bites Recipe – Guest Post
This recipe for Paleo Cookie Dough Brownie Bites was brought to you by Camilla Maybee, food enthusiast and lover of all things chocolate. Her blog, The Not So Desperate Housewife, shares her love of cooking and experimenting with all types of dishes, cuisines, and mash-ups. Check it out!
During the holiday season, it is absolutely mandatory to consume chocolate several times daily.
This is a fact. If you didn’t, you would clearly not be normal.
So how ‘bout a rich, fudgey brownie topped with a sweet, buttery mound of cookie dough?
Whatever the occasion, these little guys are the perfect addition. Not that you need a true “occasion” to justify anything chocolate. Added bonus? They’re completely grain, dairy, and legume free!
Helpful hint: do yourself a favor and whip up a double batch of cookie dough. Never hurts to have a little left in reserve. You know, just in case 😉
Cookie Dough Layer
For the brownies:
- Cream the cashew butter and honey together with an electric mixer.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla, melted chocolate, and eggs and mix until blended.
- Add the cocoa, baking soda, and coconut flour and blend well.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about half to ¾ full (I made 14).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out nearly clean.
- Cool completely before coating in the cookie dough layer.
For the cookie dough layer:
- Combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Using a small spoon or your hands, roll small balls of cookie dough and gently press onto the brownies until they are covered to your liking.
- Consume any and all leftovers as quickly as possible.