- 1 small courgette, washed, dried and julienned (or spiralised)
- 3/4 tin mackerel fillets (approx 85g), drained and roughly flaked into large chunks
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- cold roast butternut squash cubes, approx 10
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Small handful cashew nuts
- Red chili flakes, a small sprinkle
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: borage flowers to garnish (and eat!)
- Lay julienned courgette between sheets of paper towels and gently pat dry to remove any excess moisture.
- Season courgette with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the courgette on a plate or wide diameter bowl.
- Scatter over butternut squash and avocado cubes, followed by the mackerel chunks.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour the whisked dressing evenly over the courgette, avocado, squash and mackerel.
- Scatter cashews over the top and sprinkle the chili flakes before finally garnishing with borage flowers, if using them.
- Serve immediately.