Enjoy all of the delicious flavors of your favorite spinach and artichoke pasta dish but without any dairy or nuts. Plus, it’s Paleo, low carb, and completely plant-based.
- 1 spaghetti squash (5 lb or 2 ¼ kg)
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (11 oz or 300 g), broken into small florets
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) pepper
- 1/2 cup (64 g) nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) olive oil
- 5 cups (150 g) fresh spinach
- 1 (12 oz or 340 g) jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Cook the spaghetti squash in the microwave or oven according to your preference.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam, or microwave the cauliflower florets until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes to boil or steam and about 10 to 12 minutes to microwave. Drain well.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cooked cauliflower, garlic powder, salt, pepper and optional nutritional yeast until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the skillet and saute until the spinach is wilted.
- Add cauliflower sauce to the skillet and saute until the mixture is warm. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Use a fork to remove the spaghetti squash strands or fill the cooked spaghetti squash halves with the creamy filling and serve immediately.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 11 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 14 g