- 4 lb oxtail (chopped into segments – get your butcher to do this if possible)
- 4 cups (1 liter or 32 oz) of chicken broth
- 8 Tablespoons (approx. 80g) of dijon mustard (or to taste)
- salt to taste
- Place the oxtail and the chicken broth in the crock pot and cook on low for 10 hours. You can then store the meat and broth in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat it.
- When you’re ready to eat, heat the oxtail (the meat may be falling off) in a stockpot on a low heat with what’s left of the broth to reduce the broth into a gravy. I suggest doing this in batches.
- When the broth boils down and turns thicker (like a thin gravy consistency), stir in the mustard (add one tablespoon at a time to see how strong you like the mustard flavor to be).
- Add salt to taste and serve.