- 1 lb (450 g) ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) Paleo Pesto (see recipe here)
- 3 Tablespoon (45 ml) avocado oil, to brown meatballs with
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 cups (480 ml) beef broth
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized to form noodles
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) avocado oil, to cook zucchini noodles with
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons basil leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- Mix the ground beef with the pesto and some salt, and form the mixture into small balls 1oz / 30g in size.
- Heat the avocado oil and fry the meatballs (in batches) until browned all over.
- Place into a crockpot along with the onion, thyme, and beef broth (and any delicious meaty bits that may have stuck to the pan). Cover and cook for 4 hours, turning the meatballs several times.
- Just before the meatballs are ready, sauté the zucchini noodles with the other tablespoon of avocado oil and the minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the zucchini noodles and meatballs together and garnish with basil leaves.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 533
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 49 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 20 g