Home » Blog » Paleo Diet » Paleo Diet Recipes » Paleo Brunch Recipes » Paleo Egg and Leek Stir-Fry
Paleo Egg and Leek Stir-Fry
I always thought leeks were funny vegetables – they look kinda like a weed (I mean, they’re tall, stiff, and grass-like). But when it comes to good-tasting, they’re definitely pretty high up there on my list of vegetables! It’s sort of like eating a weird non-GMO hybrid of onion, spring onion, and garlic. And they go fantastically well with eggs!
Before, I move on to the recipe, though, here’s a cool fact I just found out about leeks (I’m constantly amazed by what I can learn from Wikipedia!): leeks actually appear on the coronation gown of Queen Elizabeth II because they’re the national emblem of Wales (well, I knew that last bit about Wales)!
Oh, and another cool fact…that’s my lovely mother holding the plate (I know, I know, you can only see her hands – we’re both camera shy)!
So, here’s the quick and simple recipe.
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil to stir-fry with
- Pour 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a pan on a medium heat.
- Drop in the whisked eggs and cook into a scramble.
- After the eggs are pretty solid, add in the chopped leeks.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the leeks are tender.
- Add the coconut aminos and salt to taste.