- 1/2 lb of small shrimp, peeled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 Tablespoons of paleo cajun seasoning (recipe here)
- 6 Tablespoons of coconut flour
- coconut oil for frying
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan (use enough coconut oil so that it’s 1/2 inch deep) or deep fryer.
- Place the beaten eggs into one large bowl and combine the coconut flour and seasoning and place into another large bowl.
- Drop a handful of the shrimp into the beaten eggs and stir around so that each shrimp is coated.
- Then take the shrimp from the beaten eggs and place into the seasoning bowl. Coat the shrimp with the coconut flour and seasoning mixture.
- Place the coated shrimp into the oil and fry until golden. Try not to stir the pot and don’t place too many shrimp into the pot at once (make sure all the shrimp is touching the oil).
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp and place on paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Repeat for the rest of the shrimp (change the oil if there are too many solids in it).
- Cool for 10 minutes (the outside will get crisp) and enjoy by itself or with some Paleo ketchup (recipe here).
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1/4 lb shrimp
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 22 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 33 g