- 1 cup (240 ml) filtered water
- 1 turmeric capsule, pull open gently
- 1-inch (2.5 cm) piece of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon of black peppercorns
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 bag of black tea
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) of erythritol or sweetener of choice, to taste (optional)
- Add the filtered water, turmeric, ginger, and peppercorns to a saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk to combine. Gently simmer for about 10 minutes, whisking occasionally, until the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the almond milk. Add tea bag to the mixture, cover, and steep for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve or fine mesh strainer to remove the ginger slices, peppercorns and tea bag. Add the optional erythritol or sweetener of choice, to taste.
- Pour the tea into a large mug and enjoy warm.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 2 g
- Calories: 36
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g