Fluffy, golden egg casserole filled with veggies, ground turkey, and Greek seasonings.
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1/2 lb (225 g) ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 medium red bell pepper (120 g), diced
- 1/2 medium onion (55 g), diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup (90 g) pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup (90 g) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon (3 g) chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) dried oregano
- 2 cups (60 g) spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease a casserole dish with olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of olive in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the pepper, onion, and garlic to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the olives, cherry tomatoes, fresh dill, cumin, and oregano to the skillet and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk to combine the eggs and almond milk.
- Add the cooled turkey mixture to the eggs and stir to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes until the eggs are set. Remove the casserole dish from the oven and serve warm or cold.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 6 g
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 36 g