- 1 lb green beans, chopped
- 2 medium sized or 4-5 baby potatoes, peeled (chop the larger ones into quarters)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 2 star anise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place the green beans and potatoes in a pot so that it fills up the pot at least half way. Mix the coconut aminos or tamari sauce, star anise, and salt + pepper with the 1 1/2 cups of water and add the mixture to the pot.
- Cook on a medium heat with the lid on the pot.
- Check after 20 minutes that the green beans and potatoes are tender and that there’s sufficient water left in the pot. If they’re not tender yet, then cook for 10 more minutes. If the water is very low, then top up with a 1/4 cup of water.
- When everything is cooked, drain the potatoes and green beans.
- Toss with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add extra salt to taste.