- 1 lb fresh large shrimp — cut in half lengthwise
- 1 lb chicken breast — organic, free-range, pastured chicken
- 1 lb andouille chicken sausage, cut into cubes and browned
- 1 qt chicken stock, homemade
- 1 qt shrimp stock, homemade
- 1 large organic onion, chopped
- 1 large organic red pepper, chopped
- 1 large organic jalapeño, chopped
- 4 organic scallions, thinly sliced
- 2Tblsp organic garlic, chopped
- 28oz can organic crushed tomatoes
- 4 bay leaves
- 1Tblsp dried basil
- 1Tblsp dried oregano
- 1Tblsp dried thyme
- In a large heavy bottom pan, sweat onions, scallion, garlic and pepper.
- In another pan, brown your sausage before adding to the pot.
- Add tomatoes, stocks and herbs to the heavy bottom pan with the vegetables.
- Add the chicken pieces and sausage, cook for ½ hour or more to marry the flavors.
- Add the shrimp in the last 5 minutes before serving to ensure that they are not over cooked.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 310
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: .5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 85