A great dinner for two using simple, delicious ingredients.
- 4 chicken drumsticks (with skin on) (500 g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 2 cloves (6 g) of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper (120 g), chopped
- 3 slices (168 g) of pineapple, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) of chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C). Season the drumsticks on all sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the olive oil to an oven-safe nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the drumsticks to the pan and fry on all sides until golden and crispy, about a minute or two on each side. Remove the drumsticks from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over low heat, add the garlic and lightly saute until softened. Add the chopped pineapple and chicken broth to the pan and bring to the boil. Return the drumsticks to the pan and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes until the mixture is reduced.
- After 10 minutes, transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Divide between 2 plates and garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 11 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 29 g